Friday, February 26, 2010

Harryhausen film fest highlights sci-fi classics

So I'd posted this over at my other blog Spellcard! and thought I should at least mention the sci-fi angle here. The Trylon Microcinema, a tiny indy filmhouse here in the Twin Cities is showing several of Ray Harryhausen's classic films every weekend in March. I'm quite familiar with this "Sinbad" fantasy series, as well as "Island" and "Argonauts," but I've not seen any of the science fiction ones on DVD let alone the big screen, so I'm hoping to get a chance to finally correct that oversight. This being GINORMOUS FOES weekend and all, I thought a prep for next month would be appropriate. Here's the sci-fi schedule:
Sunday, March 7 - Earth Vs. the Flying Saucers
Sunday, March 14 - It Came From Beneath the Sea
Friday, March 19 - First Men in the Moon
Saturday, March 20 - First Men in the Moon
Sunday, March 21 - 20 Million Miles to Earth

See the full schedule.
I can't wait! Oh and here's some artwork (courtesy of Wrong Side of the Art) to make you all jealous:

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
Run for your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment