Tuesday, September 21, 2010

John Carter, Tars Tarkas, Dejah Thoris Figures!

Now before you go and get your tharkian thong in a twist, Tars' presale edition is already sold out. But I'm sure that's reason enough for the gang at Triad to whip up another Barsoomian bunch. Okay, you've been patient, here's the goods. Carter and Tars are under the "John Carter of Mars" license....
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Just try to take back my Heisman!

Oddly though, there's a separate "Princess of Mars" license. This one was revealed a while back, but in case you missed her, here's Dejah....
The original metal bikini is back!

These don't appear to be modeled after the actors from the upcoming film. I'd be interested to find out if they'll make new figs based off their likenesses. I'm not going to post prices because A.) that would ruin the awesome nerdbuzz you have going right now, and 2.) because I don't want to take away from the sickening sticker shock you'll soon feel. While I realize it's due to the fact that these are large, premium format figures, released in small quantities let me be the first to let out a gasp of defeat: *Sigh*

/rubs two Powerball tickets together

4 comments:

  1. Those are cool, though I can't say any of them are particularly my favorite design of any of those characters. Whelan and Frazetta loom too large in my mind. Still, Dejah's hard to get wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some have observed the rather pervy removable armor for Dejah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are interested in 32mm miniatrures to add to your gaming table . . . check out

    bronzeAgeMin DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Trey, yeah, the designs are kinda middle-of-the-road, but I suspect that's on purpose since they want them to be recongizable, but not hinge to closely to anyone's established (read: copyrighted) look.

    @Paladin, she's wearing armor? ;)

    @Clovis, YES, I have a few of those they're awesome! However my complete lack of assembly and painting skills means I can only pine (for now) at the packages. That site has some really inspired designs though.

    ReplyDelete