Wednesday, June 6, 2012

John Carter...of Mars...by way of Venus?



The transit of Venus was today (or yesterday, since I'm posting after midnight) and nearly apropos to that--my copy of John Carter (pre-ordered, thankyouverymuch) arrived! I sprung for the 4 disk version because I wanted the extras. I don't have a 3D TV or player and I don't plan on getting one.

I couldn't resist popping in the blu-ray right away--it's gorgeous. Speaking of extras, Entertainment Weekly has one of the deleted scenes posted. It's an alternate opening that some have said might have helped. I'm growing weary of the hand-wringing at this point. Yeah, it's a little sad that the film didn't do so hot and it's already out on DVD, but then hey, IT'S ALREADY OUT!!

Let's just:
  1. Buy, rent, or Netflix the hell out of the movie!
  2. Tell our friends!
  3. Repeat!

And of course, take a fist full of ideas back to the game table.


Check out more about John Carter on the Barsoomiology tab above. Or click the John Carter of Mars tag below.

No comments:

Post a Comment